India Tourist Visa Arrival at Delhi (Indira Gandhi International) Airport
Many people have a dream of adventurous travel and they chase their dream by travelling the world. In this adventurous journey, whether you're visiting a country with a professional purpose or to chase your dream of travelling, it's necessary to understand all the small print relating information about the country’s visa rules and regulations before you travel. With this you'll have an experiential, smooth, and simple travel adventure.
Travelling to a new country is thrilling and enjoyable experience at that same time it will be stressful if you aren't prepared with the travel protocol. In this regard, The Republic of India has several International Airports which give stress-free entry services for the international India Tourist Visa holders visiting the country. Government of India and Tourist Board of India has provided guidelines to make the best of your trip to India. In this post we will provide you all the guidance require to arrive successfully on your Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) as a Tourist or as a Business Visitor to India at the Delhi Airport or Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Indira Gandhi International Airport Tourist Arrival
The most common port of entry for international tourists traveling to India are Indian capital city of New Delhi. The Indian capital New Delhi landing airport is named the Indira Gandhi International Airport landing field. It is the busiest and biggest airport in India, tourists can reach it by taxi, car and metro rail.
Indira Gandhi International Airport Tourist Arrival for Indian Visa holders
Delhi Airport or IGI airport is a central hub for landing in North India spread over a sprawling 5100 acres. It has three terminals. Approximately eighty plus airlines use this airport. If you are and International Tourist to India then you will be landing on Terminal 3.
- Terminal 1 is for Domestic departures with arrival counters, security checkpoints, and shops. there serving airlines are IndiGo, SpiceJet and GoAir.
- Terminal 1C, is for Domestic arrivals with baggage reclaim, taxi desks, shops, etc. and the serving airlines are IndiGo, SpiceJet and GoAir.
- Terminal 3 This Terminal is for International departures and arrivals. Terminal 3 has a lower floor and an upper floor, lower floor is for arrivals, whereas upper level is for departures. Terminal 3 will be the one where you will land as an International Tourist.
Facilities in Indira Gandhi (Delhi) International Airport
Terminal 3 It has free Wifi, it has sleeping pods and couches to get rest.
There is also a hotel at the Terminal 3. Holiday Inn Express is the hotel that you can use if you planning to stay indoors. If you can go outside the airport then there is a vast variety of hotels in the near vicinity of the airport.
There are sleeping facilities, both paid and unpaid at this Terminal 3 of Delhi Airport (Indira Gandhi International Airport).
You should avoid sleeping on the carpet or floor and use designated sleeping areas.
Padlock your bags if you are a deep sleeper.
Do no leave your mobile devices in plain sight.
Terminal 3 of Delhi Airport (Indira Gandhi International Airport) has luxury and premium lounges for relaxation and rejuvenation. Rented rooms can also be booked with easy access from the Terminal.
Food and Drink
There are shops open 24 hours catering to food and dietary requirement of travelers on the Terminal 3 of Delhi Airport (Indira Gandhi International Airport).
Security & Safety
It is a highly secure and safe area.
Indira Gandhi International Airport Tourist Arrival: Things to Note
- You must carry a printed copy of the on arrival Indian Visa that you've got applied on https://www.india-visa-online.com. The border and immigration officers of the Indian Government department will check your passport on your arrival.
- The passport that you carry must be the same one as mention in your Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) application
- Border and Immigration officers can inquire concerning the India Visa Online (eVisa India) before you sign on to make sure that you just are carrying a printed copy of your electronic visa
- You can enter the Old Delhi International Airport, you'll be able to observe that there are different separate queues of airline, crew, Indian passport holders, Diplomatic passport holders and additionally some special counters for Electronic traveler visa for Republic of India. Please make sure that you exchange the proper queue which must be Indira Gandhi International Airport Tourist Arrival visa.
- Immigration officers can affix a stamp on your passport. Ensure that your visit to India is valid and is within the entry date mentioned on your visa, so you can avoid charges for over staying.
- If you want to exchange currency, try this instantly before you permit the landing field. The exchange rates are valuable outside the landing field in comparison to within the airport. Read about Indian Currency for India Tourists.
- It is necessary that all travelers inbound at the landing field should fill the Immigration form type and disclose it to the immigration officer on arrival.
With the assistance of the ideas about India Tourist Visa application given on top, getting a visa on arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport Tourist Arrival, landing field ought to be a chunk of cake. Make sure that you're in possession of all the specified documents before you start your journey to the Republic of India. Following the rules and regulations of the travel will make your adventure tension free and you will enjoy it as much as you can.
India Tourist Visa
India is an unbelievable country. To make the process of Indian Tourist Visa simple, the Indian Government is making sincere efforts to form this method convenient for the tourists. Presently, there are over one hundred and eighty countries that are eligible for Indian Visa. Entry for tourists is eligible from several international Indian airports, together with Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Cochin, Goa, Trivandrum, Urban Center and Metropolis besides other India Visa Entry Ports. Another necessary factor to be noted is that the tourists should apply for Indian Tourist Visa on arrival from their home country at least four days in advance of their landing in India. To get an Indian Visa Online (eVisa India), you need to use this website https://www.india-visa-online.com of have your passport details, submission of flight and face photograph and bear in mind the dates of the travel. You need a credit or debit card and a valid email address also.
Important considerations for your Indian Visa Application
- Indian on arrival visa is for the passport holders from 180 countries, these countries embody the America, UK, EU, Canada, Australia, Thailand, and others.
- If you are late, you can apply for India Urgent Visa by contacting India Visa Help Desk and paying an extra fees.
- You can apply online four days before the arrival date. You can visit anytime in the next one year if applying for a one-year valid Indian Visa.
- For instance, if you apply on the 1st March, then, the arrival date will be allowed from 5th March.
- The validity of the Republic of India eVisa is 30 Days from the arrival date.
- For 1 Year and for 5 Year Indian Tourist Visa, the validity of Indian eVisa is 1 Year and 5 Years from the issue date.
- It is necessary to have a front-face photograph with light background, the passport ought to be the validity of a minimum of 6 months.
- It is necessary to hold a soft copy or paper copy of ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) because the Tourist Visa Arrival, once paid can't be refunded.
- If you're not venturing outside of the airport, then Tourist Visa isn't required. If you have a stopover in the Republic of India, you don’t need a visa as you may not be able to leave the airport.
You are eligible for the India Tourist Visa if:
- You are a resident of an international country visiting the Republic of India exclusively for sight-seeing, recreations, meeting relatives or friends, medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Your passport must be valid for six-months at the time of entry into India.
- You should have your booked tickets of return journey or moving forward journey.
- If you have a separate passport then you will apply for a visa. There is no availability for the people who want to get their visa on parent’s passport.
- Have an email address and debit / credit card or Paypal account in any of the 133 currencies.
You can’t Apply for Indian Tourist Visa on Arrival if:
- You are a holder of Pakistani origin or holding a Pakistani passport.
- You have a diplomatic or official passport of any organization.
- You have an international documents holder, you cannot get that visa on arrival.
How does the Indian Visa Service Work?
For India Tourist Visa initially, you’ll apply for India Visa Online (eVisa India) through an Indian Visa Application Form to get your Indian Visa. The form is divided into two steps, after making payment you will be sent a link where you upload a scanned copy of your passport along with a passport size picture with light background. After all documentation is complete for your Indian Visa you will get approve Indian eVisa through email, on interval of four days. The document that you got through, print that document and submit it at India’s participating visa-on-arrival airports. On the arrival at the airport, you’ll get your entry stamp. Then you will be able to live for the next 30 days, 90 days or 180 days depending on the type of eVisa India and validity that you applied for.
Ensure that you have checked the eligibility for your India eVisa.
Please apply for a India Visa 4-7 days in advance of your flight.