Emergency India Visa Application
There are circumstances where you need to travel to India and need a visa for India in an emergency. This can be due to illness, death, legal causes or other ties that require an immediate presence.
Is there an Emergency Visa Class or an Indian Visa for Urgency?
Emergency Visa for India is only issued in case of genuine emergency like death or serious illness of a blood relative. This Indian Visa is issued by the local High Commission of India / Indian Embassy.
Emergency Visa for India are issued by Indian Embassy which require a physical presence in the Embassy as per the regulation of Indian Government. Government of India processes for eVisa India can take anywhere between 24-72 hours and are done on best effort basis, as such eVisa for India is not an emergency visa.
What should the Visitor in an Emergency do to acquire Visa?
You can apply for both an electronic Visa to India (eVisa India) online on this website and also an emergency Visa at the local embassy.
Visiting for sightseeing, missing a plane for business trip, meeting, conference is not considered an emergency by the Indian Government.
What should the Business Visitor, Tourist do in case of Urgency?
If your Urgency does not qualify as per above definition of a serious illness or loss of life, then you can apply for an Urgent electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India). Contact us and there will be a separate fee charged for expedited processing of India Visa application. Urgent processing of Indian Visa is available through weekend for all classes of visitors.
What are the next steps in Urgent or Emergecy Indian Visa?
- The Urgent or Emergency Visa to India is subject to acceptance and discretion of Immigration Officers and at their judgment call.
- In case of medical issues / illness, death, you will be asked to provide a proof of emergency. Without such a proof the emergency application will be rejected.
- You need to ensure that the details provided are correct including but not limited to your Email ID, Phone Number for any additional requests to get in touch with you.
- Urgent Indian Visa (e-Visa India) application is NOT process on the National holidays of India which are 26th Of January – India Republic Day, 15th of August, India Independence Day and 2nd of October.
- Government of India will take longer to take a decision on your application if you have multiple applications in flight through multiple channels.
What other details are required for Emergency or Urgent India Visa?
To get India Visa approved all application are required to have a valid email address, mode of payment, an ordinary passport that is valid for six months from the date of entry and two blank pages on the passport.
For further details refer to Documents Required for Indian Visa.
Which countries are eligible for an Urgent or Emergency India Visa?
Citizens from one hundred and eighty countries are eligible for an Emergency Visa to India.
Other points to note about India Visa (eVisa India):
- Urgent India Visa is valid for a single entry.
- Urgent Indian Visa cannot be extended.
- Urgent India Visa is not for touristic or business purposes.
- Government of India reserves the sole decision to approve or reject the application.
- Concealing material information can result in rejection of application.
- Visitor to India must have sufficient funds to support their stay in India.
- International Travelers with Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin need to apply for a regular paper visa at the nearest Indian High Commission.
- Each individual must possess their own separate passport.
- Electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India) is not valid for Refugee, Diplomatic or United Nations passport but is valid only for Ordinary Passport.
- Indian Visa (eVisa India) is not valid for International Travel Documents but only an Ordinary Passport.
For more answers and information click Frequently Asked Questions.
Ensure that you have checked the eligibility for your India eVisa.
Please apply for a India Visa 4-7 days in advance of your flight.